Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
Sterilex Corporation, a leader in the development of differentiated technologies for food plant sanitation, is seeking a full time Protein Market Development Manager to build relationships, develop strategy and grow sales opportunities in our critical protein sectors.
Sterilex is an entrepreneurial firm recognized in the industry for high quality products and service. If you are attracted by the challenge and rewards of being a key member of a rapidly growing company, then this could be the right opportunity for you. Sterilex offers a supportive environment for growth and achievement, and generous benefits.
The primary function of Market Development Manager, Protein will include market development responsibilities in the protein processing sector (poultry, beef, pork), specifically corporate account management, product management, and sales growth activities.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex core protein processing market segments (e.g. corporate quality, plant QA managers, food safety managers, plant managers, etc.)
- Establish and service accounts and distributors in assigned South/Central territory. This includes both protein as well as non-protein accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national protein account personnel.
- Develop custom protocols/programs for Sterilex products for protein applications and actively manage trials and implementation of corporate-wide programs.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and training product end users. Communicating product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with key accounts, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the show.
- Actively manage poultry and swine animal health growth opportunities.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key poultry personnel linked to corporate food accounts (live production, hatchery, and post-harvest).
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contract cleaning organizations who apply Sterilex products to protein processing accounts. Maintain a directory of key contract cleaning personnel and ensure that all key contact cleaning personnel are aware of and trained on entire line of Sterilex products.
- Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information about industry needs to the management team.
- Actively evaluate Sterilex product portfolio for protein processing market segment and collaborate with R&D/Regulatory to develop innovation pipeline for segment.
- Contribute to company marketing efforts by developing content for marketing initiatives.
- Exemplify Sterilex core values of Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, and Leadership.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience, either working in, or servicing protein food processing accounts. Additional live production poultry experience is preferred. At least 5 years of sales or strategic account management experience preferred.
- Ability/willingness to travel ≥60% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US and Canada.
- Effective Oral Communication: Bi-lingual English/Spanish is desired. Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary. Responds informatively to questions; actively participates in meetings.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences with varied education and work experience. (e.g. entry level to very seasoned employees, non-degreed to Ph.D. educated individuals)
- Customer Service: Good listener. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for assistance.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems efficiently. Gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Training: Clearly explains concepts; varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
- Excellent relationship builder; cultivates strong relationships with varied personality profiles.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work. Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Assertive, competitive, great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Independent transportation and valid US driver’s license in good standing with the MVA.
- Ability/willingness to work 3rd shift (nights) with sanitation crews to provide product training and service.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to independently travel from business to business location and traverse multi-level sites/building floor levels.
- The ability/willingness to travel ≥60% of the time including driving up to 6 hours at a time and multiple flights with airport connections.
- Professional home office environment. Quiet enough to take phone calls.
- Need access to broadband internet and cellular telephone signal.
- Often will work from hotel rooms and airports.
- Will spend significant amount of time working in and around manufacturing environments.